16 October, 2011

Blowing West

First song I've written, since I blew West.

East of Albuquerque, now.  And, bless my family, for good.

Blowing West



Wasn't really hard;
Just a passionate faith?
Way back East…
Before I was placed.

You know it isn't easy,
You just smile.
Even if…
Now, you're saying goodbye.

Maybe I was wrong
All the time
Now I know,
I'm fine.

That was in the State
 I'd always lived;
And now I'm in the State
Where I can give.

Baby, you don't bake 
A bowling green vine.
There were plenty of places
That I would find.

I think it is better to be 
In this State;
Pack in New Mexico
And call it my place.

Better than to stick
In Bloomington's land;
Even where I was loved
As much as most men.

Maybe, I don't know,
It wasn't grown in my mind.
Once you go West
You're just going to be fine.

Now that I'm West
I'm going to be fine.

Maybe you're tired
Maybe you're worn
Maybe you can't afford
One that's five days born

Last thing said,
Is that nobody died;
Though, a good life fell
On them to try…

Now that I'm blown West
I'm just going to be fine.

Now, that I'm blown West
I'm going to be fine.

















No comments: