09 May, 2009

The Devil Beats His Wife




Get away, get away, you Godamned fool. (Originally: Look away, look away...)
She can sing anything that she wants.
Get away, Get away...
You came from way deep down....
And I smell that brimstone,
On your handsome brow.


I might not wither down.
For to beg for what's gone wrong.
For nothing seems so pitiful as that.


Cain found his blame,
In the sun and the rain.
But, the Devil don't expect his wife to fight back.


Get away, get away,
'Cus Satan hates your life.
Your rain comes from the Heavens,
He ain't happy in the light.
I'd like to slide a gun to her...
But she don't need the help.
For the Devil don't expect to feel like
Hell.


Get away, Get away.
Rainbow in the rain.
It's raining and the sun shines bright
Anyway.
And I never thought I'd smile,
To see a man lose his life
Till I saw the Devil beat his wife.
Then I never thought I'd smile
To see a man lose his life,
Till I saw, the Devil beat his wife.



No comments: