31 May, 2011

Spilled Milk, A Woman and A Girl

Baby don't you cry,  (chord G)
Your Mama drives a real fast car (E, A-)
That Daddy wouldn't know how to steer (C,D,G)

Baby don't you cry, (G)
Your Mama knows just where you are (E, A-)
Babe, we know (C,D)
She ain't gonna leave you here (G)

Fate, and shame
Sometimes, was it love?
Back then I thought of no-one but myself

But now, it's plain
As the cloudy skies above
When I put my love for you up on the shelf

Woman don't you smile
I am a man who went too far, but
Did not a gift come from love that we forgot?

Your the mother of my child
And these wounds will turn to scars
What I treasure most, is this love I never  sought

Name, your price
I don't need her all the time
Just a happy girl when she wants her Dad awhile

And blame, me twice
For failing two desires
One for you and the other for a child

Babe is that a smile?
Your Daddy drives his bargains well
Your gonna get, whatever that you want

I know it spoils you child
But the damage has long been dealt
You changed my mind in just nine little months
You changed my mind in just nine little months.

No comments: